In this write-up we will discuss everything you need to know about jelqing. Think of this as the ultimate guide to jelqing
You will learn how to jelq, how it works, tips and tricks, and how to get the best results possible!
- 1 Introduction
- 1.1 Beginner Jelq Routine
- 1.2 Other Methods of Girth Exercise
- 1.3 Penis Stretching
- 1.4 Types of Stretching:
- 1.5 Conclusion
Jelqing has been around for centuries, it has Arab origins and there are several different forms of the technique. It is the backbone of any other enlargement exercise and I have had my greatest gains with this technique.
It’s definitely a must if your goals are to improve the size and hardness your erection. The basic jelq includes four simple steps accomplished in a milking like motion.
Different varieties of Jelqs are performed up to twenty minutes per day and up to five days per week. It is completely safe when performed correctly but you should always use a proper warm up and cool down to avoid over doing it.
Beginner Jelq Routine
- Use lubrication before performing the jelq, lubricate your penis with Vaseline, baby oil or another penis lubricant. (Best results for uncircumcised men is the dry jelq).
- When beginning your erection should be between 50-75% to avoid injury. Ensure it is relaxed enough so that it is easy enough to push blood through it.
- Perform an ok grip using your thumb and main pointing ﬁnger, tightly at the base.
- Moving on up with light-medium pressure throughout, slowly move up towards the penis head. This should not hurt, but the pressure should be enough to effectively push the blood up the penis.
- Release the grip directly before reaching the glans which is classed as one repetition. Take your time as each jelq should take approximately two to three seconds.
- Once you have achieved one repetition, swap hands and repeat the process.
- This process can also be performed dry especially if uncircumcised, I have had my greatest gains with this method.
As a beginner the following routine is the perfect introduction to jelqing. To begin with perform the following routine 2-3 times per week, slowly advancing to five days on and two days off.
- 5 min warm up
- 5 min penis stretching
- 10 min basic jelq
- 5 min warm down
Exercising your penis will encourage it to grow larger and harder by adapting to the stress of the jelqing method. You will gradually have to increase the intensity overtime to keep the growth.
Are Your Erections Improving?
When you feel you are ready to advance your routine ensure you see an improvement in your erection.
Keep upping your routine with advanced techniques and more sets. If erections become worse or you find you are plateauing, slow down and decrease frequency. Remember to listen to your body and your erections!!
It‘s not a good idea to start off with a full erection, you wouldn’t go to the gym on your first day and start squatting 500lbs would you? The same rule applies with jelqing.
Using Lubricants to Reduce Friction
There are many lubricants on the market, however do not use shampoo/conditioner or soap as a lubricant as the scents can irritate the delicate skin of the penis – I recommend:
Baby oil: petroleum by product that has multiple uses including conditioning of the skin. There are also a Variety of this product on the market.
Cocoa butter extract: cocoa bean based which smells great and has multiple uses including conditioning of the skin.
Vaseline: petroleum by product that has high viscosity and longevity but hard to clean off.
KY jelly: water based product that has multiple uses and easy clean up. Many varieties, reactivates with water and has a high viscosity.
Dry Jelqs require no lubricant and no clean up, they are ideal and easy to perform in discrete places such as the shower etc. However dry jelqing may cause chaﬁng in uncircumcised individuals.
How Long Should Each Repetition Take?
To begin with jelq at a rate of three seconds per stroke, when you feel you’re ready to advance increase the stroke time to ﬁve to ten seconds.
You can also perform a more intense jelq to keep your penis guessing with a one-two second stroke.
Change your Grip
Don’t be afraid to change the positioning of your grip to ensure you have evenly jelqed the whole circumference of your penis. Instead of the standard palm up grip, change it to the overhand ok grip with your palm down, or throughout the session you can rotate the grip slightly to the left and right.
Under and Overtraining
Don’t risk overtraining by exercising for too long of a session or by using excessive intensity, as this can lead to injury and can be detrimental to your gains. Always take sufﬁcient rest days!!
You can expect results to be depleted if you undertrain, perform the same routine day after day, and don’t work out frequently enough.
You Can Try Many Variations to Maximize your Results Which Include:
• The side jelq: the side jelq is effective for fixing a penis curve by jelqing against it. It’s a great exercise to help achieve girth and is ideal if you are looking at upping intensity.
• The V-jelq: puts more pressure on the sides of your shaft that really works the corpus cavernosum. To perform the V-jelq simply make V with your index and middle ﬁnger, palm facing towards you and jelq upward towards your head.
• The one handed jelq: Perform an ok grip at the base and squeeze before each stroke and instead of alternating, perform several reps with the same hand before switching. (Typically performing dry jelqs).
• The mini jelq is great for enlargement of the head, performing an ok grip at the base only jelq halfway up the penis with 1-2 second stroke time. (I gained amazing results by alternating each session using this method and standard dry jelqs).
Jelqing forces blood through the penis which is made of 50% smooth muscle, this force increases internal pressure and creates micro tears in the smooth muscle tissues which works very similarly to building muscle in any other part of your body.
Any Side Effects?
As I mentioned earlier if all precautions are followed and you include a thorough warm up, then jelqing is completely safe. Avoid overtraining and listen to your body, as with any exercise if you jelq incorrectly you may experience undesirable side effects.
Don’t over train by jelqing at too high of an intensity or doing too many reps too soon, ensure your member is conditioned for the new intensity level being applied.
Types of Side Effects
Red spots or discoloration: Reddish spots and dots that appear on the penis are the most common side effects of jelqing and result from tiny burst capillaries. You can expect them to clear within 24-48 hours.
This usually occurs if you are not sufﬁciently warmed up and intensity has been built up too soon.
The donut effect : The donut effect usually appears after a long or intense jelqing session where ﬂuid is pushed to the glans appearing like a donut collecting in a ring below the glans.
This results in swelling of the foreskin in uncircumcised men, which is temporary and will disappear within a couple of hours.
The baseball effect: This is when the head becomes the biggest part of the penis which makes it look like a bat, you can avoid this by jelqing properly. Make sure you jelq the entire penis, starting from the base of the pubic bone and easing off just before the glans.
There is no magic quick fix to show instant results, but with dedication to your programme and PE education, successful results can certainly be achieved of the penis which makes it look like a bat, you can avoid this by jelqing properly.
Make sure you jelq the entire penis, starting from the base of the pubic bone and easing off just before the glans.
There is no magic quick fix to show instant results, but with dedication to your programme and PE education, successful results can certainly be achieved.
Other Methods of Girth Exercise
Clamping: Clamping can be dangerous. I advise that you have at least six months of regular jelqing under your belt to ensure your penis is conditioned enough before beginning such an intense exercise.
- Stroke your penis until an erection is achieved and wrap the base ofyour penis with a soft wrap to protect it
- With the clamp as close to the pubic bone as possible, place it over the soft wrap and stimulate your penis to the highest erection level. Tighten the clamp as tight as possible without causing pain or discomfort, then increase the intensity by kegeling which draws more blood into your penis
- Beginners should clamp for no more than ﬁve minutes and slowly increase to ten to fifteen minutes over time, any longer than this is unnecessary. If your penis starts to become cold, turn a dark purple, or tingle, then release the clamp and lightly ﬂop your penis to each side of your thigh to get the blood ﬂowing normally again. Make sure you perform a considerable warm up when clamping
The compressor is a bending exercise that compresses and employs pressure along the points of the bend, causing an expansion in girth. Performing the compressor allows small bends along the entire penis shaft. Your erection level should be around 90-95% as being completely erect, you are likely to cause injury to yourself. I recommend you perform three-ﬁve repetitions.
- Hand positioning — This exercise uses both hands. To begin this exercise, make an overhand ok grip both at the base of your penis and with the other hand at the end of your penis just before the head
- With both hands, compress the penis by slightly forcing both hands towards one another
- While the penis is still compressed, cause small bends along the shaft by slightly moving the penis back and forth.
The erect squeeze: Again this is an advanced exercise, only attempt this after 6 months of basic exercise. Perform an ok grip at the base of your penis as close to the pelvic bone as possible with your ﬁrst hand.
With the second hand in an ok grip with your palm facing away from you just before the glans, squeeze the penis with both hands at the same time for a count of ﬁve seconds
Penis stretching is likely the oldest form of penile exercising and essential to any enlargement programme. Penis stretching is highly recommended directly after your warm up but everybody is different and you too will find what works best for you.
How do I Stretch My Penis?
- Perform an ok grip and gently pull downward towards the ﬂoor gripping your penis behind the head. (Pull hard enough to feel the stretch but with comfort). Hold for approximately 30 seconds
- Repeat the stretch in the upright, left, right and straight out in front positions
You should pull hard enough to stretch the tissues but not extreme enough to cause pain and discomfort. To begin with, gently stretch the penis, then after a few weeks gradually increase the intensity of the stretch.
It is common during a stretch to feel a sense of itchiness, a tingling sensation or fatigue in your penis. If you experience this you are on your way, however some report an aching or burning sensation, similar to the sensation acquired in muscle groups when training at a high intensity in the gym.
You may not feel anything at all as most men only report feeling the actual stretch itself.
You should not however feel any pain or discomfort as this is a sign you are using too much intensity and should stop immediately.
You can incorporate some advanced stretches into your routine right away although I advise you to become accustomed to the basic stretches for the first six or so weeks and incorporate some new advanced stretches into your programme gradually.
To get the best out of these stretching exercises I advise you to use baby powder, which ensures a tight grip throughout. You can grip and stretch any part of the penis as long as you do not directly grip the head of your penis, as this is the most sensitive part of the body.
The most popular hand positioning while stretching the penis is around an inch below the glans.
Penis stretching tips to ensure you get the most from your stretches: If you are comfortable stretches can be performed standing or sitting. Only stretch when ﬂaccid for the first few months of your programme as stretching erect is a lot more advanced.
Ensure you warm up and stretch to comfort to avoid Red dots, bruising and discolouration. If any of these symptoms appear you should take 3-4 days off to recover and heal appropriately. Use baby powder as an aide when stretching.
Types of Stretching:
The Assisted A-stretch
- Gripping the penis approximately below the glans with your palm facing towards you, pull straight out in front of the body.
- With the other hand, place it underneath the stretched penis.
- Grab the wrist of the arm stretching the penis, you can create more force by pushing upwards with your entire arm.
- Hold for thirty seconds.
The Erect Stretch
The erect stretch will enlarge both the ﬂaccid and erect state of the penis. Be cautious when performing this exercise due to the nature and intensity of the stretch. I recommend you try this advanced stretch after six months of basic exercise.
- Gripping the erect penis an inch below the glans, stretch outward for up to 30 seconds. Ease into the stretch, do not stretch vigorously.
- Repeat in the following directions — up, down, left and right.
The Internal Stretch
- Spread your legs apart sitting down
- With your first hand place an ok grip around your penis and testicles at the base making sure they both hang out of the grip — do not grab the actual testicles
- Stretch the penis and testicles straight up towards your head
- With your other hand simultaneously grip your penis an inch below the glans and pull straight up
- Hold the stretch for up to thirty seconds
The Faccid Bend
- Grip the penis below the glans palm down as if you were going to stretch.
- With the other hand place two – four ﬁngers underneath the penis.
- With the first hand bend the penis over the ﬁngers. (2-6 months)
• 5 min warm up
• 15 min standard stretches at each angle (hold for up to 30 seconds)
• 7 min ﬂaccid normal Kegels (contract and hold for 10 seconds)
• 7 min ﬂaccid reverse Kegels (contract and hold for 10 seconds)
• 5 min warm up
• 10 min or up to 150 reps of dry/wet jelqing (low intensity/3-4 second stroke)
• 5 min warm down
Remember if you can only contract your pelvic ﬂoor muscles for a few seconds or not at all its okay, this is what penis exercises are for — to grow stronger!
Progress slowly each week and include more advanced exercises over time. Most importantly have sufficient rest and recovery days as this is when your tissues repair, grow thicker and stronger.
- Form an ok grip at the base of your erect penis close to the pubic bone
- Squeeze the grip tightly for a count of thirty to sixty seconds
• Most natural form of penis exercise.
• No equipment needed
• Proven results
• Safe exercise
• Great for beginners
• Been practiced for years
• May take time to see results
After the beginner stage which is generally three months, you need to incorporate more intense exercises into your routine to continue seeing results. Everyone is different when it comes to seeing results, it really depends on your personal physiology and the amount of effort you put into your routine.
Most men report seeing results in the ﬂaccid state in as little as 2 weeks whereas others report measurable results 2-4 months into their programme.
The good news is your penis enlargement gains are permanent. Through the process of jelqing you have created that new tissue and it’s there to stay! Make sure you perform a cementing routine to maintain gains and try to get plenty of erections throughout the day.