Libimax is a “male enhancement” dietary supplement. According to the manufacturer, it not only helps men to get an erection, but it also brings about firmer and longer lasting erections who otherwise have no difficulty achieving an erection. Libimax supposedly also increases endurance and performance during love making, and it is said to benefit a man’s overall well-being as well.
The FDA notified healthcare professionals of a recall of a supplement product, Libimax. FDA analysis found the product contains tadalafil, an active ingredient of an FDA-approved drug for erectile dysfunction. This product poses a threat to health because tadalafil may interact with nitrates found in some prescription drugs (such as nitroglycerin) and may lower blood pressure to dangerous levels. Consumers with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or heart disease often take nitrates. Consumers who have Libimax in their possession should stop using it immediately and contact their physician if they experienced any problem that may be related to taking this product.
According to the manufacturer, Libimax contains 100% natural ingredients, with a number of them being well-known herbs, including but not limited to the following:
- Siberian Ginseng – Taken to reduce physical stress, boost immunity, and improve mental acuity, Siberian Ginseng is safe over long-term usage. Not recommended for people with hypertension. May cause diarrhea, insomnia, and anxiety, at very high doses.
- Gingko Biloba – A Chinese medicine, Ginko improves circulation and acts as an antioxidant. The leaves of the ginkgo biloba tree contain flavonoids, which research has shown helps to increase sluggish blood circulation and relax blood vessels.
- Eurycoma Longifolia
How Does Libimax Work?
In theory, the combination of ingredients found in this product is said to increase both testosterone levels and nitric oxide levels in the blood. While testosterone is the primary male sex hormone, nitric oxide is produced naturally by the body and it causes arteries to dilate, thereby facilitating an increase in blood flow.
It is an increase in blood flow to the penis that allows a penis to become erect, so any substance that can further increase the amount of blood flowing into the penile tissues will naturally result in firmer and fuller erections
NOTE: Despite having done plenty of research, I have not been able to find any scientific evidence to back claims that Libimax can indeed increase blood flow to the penis.
Dosage and Potential Side Effects
Unlike many other similar male enhancement dietary supplements, Libimax does not need to be taken on a daily basis, or even on an on-demand basis. Instead, men are advised to take one 1000mg pill every 5 days.
There doesn’t appear to be much detailed information about this product on the internet, but I have come across reports that it can cause sinus pain. Users are also advised against taking it with alcohol, and the manufacturer warns that it should only be taken by males over the age of 18.
Okay, before I end off, let us take a quick look at the main pros and cons of the product:
- Ingredients – Libimax contains only 100% natural ingredients, several of which have long since been well known.
- Dosage – Unlike so many other male enhancement products, users only need to take one pill every 5 days.
- Firmer Erections – While evidence of its effectiveness tends to be lacking, many men may, however, be able to benefit from this product
- Price – With a price tag of $124.99 for 30 1,000mg pills, I can’t help but think that many men will feel this is disproportionately expensive, even if you only need to take one pill every five days.
- No Official Website – So far I have not been able to find the official website for this product, and in my mind, this raises some serious questions.
- Not FDA Approved – This product has not been approved by the FDA. Furthermore, I find it rather disturbing that this product is listed as “potentially hazardous” on the FDA website because it was found to contain hidden ingredients.