If you have more than 15% body fat, then this is the diet for you. Chances are that you have a love of food, or you may not have the funds to eat completely organic foods, and that is okay. This diet works with your body rather than against it. While it is low carb, it does not mean that you have to suffer and buy expensive foods, because it is often high fat and high protein that you are looking for. This means more meat. You want good fats, not had fats though. Ground Beef is a great source, and it is fairly inexpensive. Let’s take a quick look at this diet.
The Ketogenic diet, which is often shortened to just being called the Keto Diet, is a diet that is very high in fat and protein, and low in carbs. It is proven to be a successful diet, and is linked to helping prevent or even subside several health conditions, such as diabetes, epilepsy, and even Alzheimer’s. This diet is used all around the world, and will change what you thought you knew about carbs and fats.
This diet is obtained by drastically reducing one’s carb intake. You replace the carbs that you would have eaten with fats, which makes your body focus on burning the fats that you are consuming, and moving on to the fats in your body. This process is known as ketosis, which puts the body into a constant fat burning state. It also burns ketones in your liver. This is how this diet combats Alzheimer’s. Ketones increase brain function, and supply healthier blood to the brain, to keep the person sharp as a tack, and ready to remember, and think, about anything.
The Keto Diet works because your body goes to the easiest compound to convert into energy. If you eat a lot of carbs, then that compound is glucose. This makes your body store the fat that you eat, causing weight gain, or lack of weight loss. However, when you cut carbs down to a minimum, your body then goes to fat to break down for energy. When it does this, it requires a high amount of fat, as fat is not as energy rich as glucose. This means that even though you are consuming fat for your body to use, your body also has to dip into the fat stores that are on your body as well for a good energy boost. Coupled with a speciﬁc type of exercise this diet can help millions of people hit their goal weight faster than they ever thought possible.
The Keto Diet literally involves changing your entire system’s way of thinking. This means that your body goes from doing things the way it normally does, to ﬁnding a whole new routine. This is great for weight loss, specifically fat loss, because the shock to your system jump starts the metabolic processes giving you a leg up on your goal. Guidelines
There are several ways to go about starting the Keto Diet. They all involve a high fat, low carb, and high protein regiment that is pertinent to your liver producing ketones. There are several different popular names of this diet, such as the Atkins Diet, but they are all the same basis of a Keto Diet.
In this diet, you have to drastically reduce your carb intake. Some versions of the diet say that as long as you are under a hundred grams of carbs a day you will be okay, but often times this is still too high to reach ketosis. The best level of carbs to intake is between twenty and thirty grams of carbs a day. This is quite a low level, but is essential to the process of this diet. You should keep in mind this carbs must come from vegetables rich in ﬁber. Spinach and Broccoli are great examples. Essentially, the less carbs you eat, the more fat you burn, because there is less glucose in your system for your body to default to.
– Go on a carb sweep: You have to remove the carbs from your life, and this also means you have to remove them from your refrigerator. Go through your house, and clean out the high carb foods, and the complex carb whole grain foods. The less carb filled foods you have, the less tempted you will be to eat them.
– Retrain your brain: Instead of going to the coffee shop, where you inevitably will purchase a muffin, buy an at home coffee brewer, and make your own coffee. Then you can have some eggs instead of a mufﬁn.
– WATER: You have to stay hydrated, and the best thing to drink is water. Water has no caloric value, and it makes you feel full all day. The more water you drink, the less you eat. And you should choose plain water, as it does not have all of the additives of ﬂavored water, and these additives can do harmful things to your body if consumed too much.
Don’t focus on your weight: If you are only doing this for the weight benefits, let the diet do the work. Don’t constantly step on the scale, because you are not going to see massive results the ﬁrst day. Besides, weighing yourself every day is destructive, because it can cause you to get discouraged, as your weight can change daily depending on if you retained more water that day. You have to let your body do the losing, and it will seem like you are not losing fast enough if you are constantly on the scale. Just like how a watched pot never boils, a watched scale never moves.
You should also pay attention to the amount of protein that you are consuming. You have to make sure that the amount of protein that you are consuming is proportionate to your weight and that you are not overeating on the protein. Just because you can eat steak does not mean that you should eat the whole cow, basically. Protein helps you gain the energy to burn the fat, but eat too much and your body will burn protein molecules rather than fat. If you are training hard with this program, the bare minimum you should shoot for is 1 gram per pound of bodyweight. If you are overweight (you have more than 25% bodyfat) you can get away with 0.8 grams per pound of your bodyweight.
– The Keto Diet is high in fat. Fat makes you feel full longer than carbohydrates, meaning you can eat less and still feel as full as you would if you had eaten several servings of something that is high in carbs. This is a great instrument in weight loss, as it allows you to keep from overeating, which is the death of all diets.
~ The Keto Diet is good for helping ease or eradicate a variety of ailments. These ailments can cause you a lot of pain and suffering. However, with this diet, it can help a lot of things such as cancer.
– You will have so much more energy with this diet. You will feel yourself literally start to come alive, because your body is burning the fat that was making you feel blah, rather than just burning glucose, leaving you with a tired feeling, because your fat was just getting stored, rather than used. The fat stores that you have will start to disappear as well, and you will feel better without the extra weight on your chest and stressing your heart out. This is a good thing, because for every ﬁfty pounds you are overweight is another ten percent chance on your risk for having a heart attack. If you have even twenty pounds of extra fat, the sooner you shed that the better, because you keep your heart safe, and can reduce your cholesterol levels as you do not have the fat stored like you once did.
– You will be able to brag about how you lost the weight. Everyone loves to have bragging rights, and this is something to brag about. Who else can say that they can lose thirty pounds in a month? Generally, only keto diet users. That means that you could be in a small percent of people who know about this not very well known diet. You will be the envy of all your friends.
And the best part? You don’t have to buy in to a whole bunch of weight loss products that claim to be miracle workers when in reality they don’t really work at all.
– You are in charge of your diet; the diet is not in charge of you. You decide how far you want to cut down the carbs. Sure, there are recommendations for carb cutting, but you do not have to follow them religiously. You can edit it how you like it, as long as you remember that the more carbs you cut out, the faster you reach ketosis and of course never go above 30 grams in a 24 hour period.
– This diet is a great diet for those serial dieters. If you are a person who starts a diet, and you think that this is going to be the one, and then two weeks later you give up, this is the diet for you. Because chances are, you give up because those other diets leave you hungry, and wanting more food than you are able to consume. In this diet, you feel full regularly, so it doesn’t feel like a diet. Also, steak is okay in this diet. What other diet allows you to eat a steak? I’ll wait…. That’s right, there are not very many if there are any at all. So, when you turn to this diet, you will ﬁnd that it doesn’t feel like a diet at all. The only struggle you might have at first is if you are a starch lover. You must cut out the pizza, the pasta, the breads. However, there are a lot of vegetable substitutes for these products, such as vegetti. It is a vegetable spaghetti that once cooked, taste almost like the real thing.
– And this diet doesn’t mean that you can never have carbs again, you just have to signiﬁcantly cut down on the carbs that you eat. You can start out with a higher than recommended amount of carbs on this diet, but as you progress, you will probably ﬁnd that carb loaded food becomes less and less appealing, so you just decide to cut them out more. That is another great thing about this diet. Once you get the ball rolling, it becomes easier and easier to stick with it, until you don’t think twice about ordering a burger without the bun.
– If you have a reasonable amount of muscle mass in your body, you might want to do a carb load every 5 days. Just eat a carb based meal before going to bed. This allows the body to replenish the glycogen stores in your muscles, preventing muscle breakdown. Some may argue that you get out of Ketosis and the like, but the reality is that your muscles need glycogen to exist! If you don’t do this, your body will eventually eat up all your muscle.
– This type of diet keeps insulin levels under control, which in turn means no food will stick to you and turned in bodyfat. This is the magic of Low Carb Dieting! This is a typical day’s plan for the keto diet. Very low carb, which will force Basic Meal Plan your body to burn the fat that it has stored rather than using the carbs that you consume to fuel your body for the day. It is not uncommon to loose 10 pounds or
Bread, potatoes, even oatmeal. These are all high in carbs. Some fruits are high carb, as is milk, so avoid those as well. When you are trying to lose the weight, the best bet is to follow a meal plan like the one mentioned below. You can find tasty recipes for this diet online.
Five scrambled eggs seasoned with pepper and garlic, no salt 12 Almonds
Green tea, or a cup of Coffe. Always use Stevia, and N0 SUGAR Supplements: Fish Oil cap, Fiber Sup, and a Multivitamin.
Lunch Big Steak (add any spices you want, except salt) Small Salad of Spinach and Broccoli, with a tablespoon of Olive Oil.
Protein Shake: Made with 2 Scoop Whey Protein Powder (Chocolate is my favourite), peanut butter, unsweeted Almond Milk, and lots of Ice. Add Stevia if needed.
Dinner One big Chicken Breast, Grilled with Non-Fat Cheese Half a Tomato
Before bed Snack
One Can of Tuna, with two tablespoons of Non-Sugar Mayonnaise.
This is a typical day’s plan for the keto diet. Very low carb, which will force your body to burn the fat it has stored rather than using the carbs that you consume to fuel your body for the day. It is not uncommon to loose 10 lbs or more the first week when you eliminate carbs from your diet (mostly water weight). You will drop the fat faster than you think.
1 Chicken Breast (add any spices you want, except salt) 1 Cup of Rice 1 Cup of Steamed Veggies
Tuna Sandwich: 2 big slices of Whole Wheat Bread, With 2 cans of Tuna. Add any vegetables you like, and any Sugar Free Dressing.
Dinner Whole grain Pasta, with a chicken breast on top and sugar free Tomato Sauce. Before bed Snack
Pre Bed Protein Shake: 2 glasses of unsweetened Almond Milk, 1 or 2 Scoops Whey Protein, 2 bananas, 1/2 cup oatmeal, Ice and Stevia. Blend it up and Enjoy!
This is a basic meal plan for the three—day cycle, you can ﬁnd more recipes and ideas online.
Remember, just because it is not as strict as most low carb diets does not mean that it is not important to follow your low carb days strictly. You have to have the low carb days to offset the high carb days, otherwise you will just throw your diet entirely off, and that can cause major problems for you. You will end up possibly gaining weight rather than losing weight. So, make sure that you ﬁnd a good balance and stick with it. Cut the carbs on low days as much as you can, but don’t binge out on all carbs on your high carb days, you still need some protein and fat in there as well.
When you are looking for ways to tone up and get in the best shape of your life, there are a lot of options out there. You may have tried a few of them and found that they just aren’t working for you. The great thing about calisthenics is that they work for everyone. Whether you are just beginning or you need something a bit more challenging, calisthenics has the right workout for your needs.
Whenever you are doing the calisthenics moves in this guidebook, remember that the only person you are competing with is yourself. You should push yourself hard and try to do the moves with as much intensity and with as few breaks as possible but if you need a break or need a bit longer to work on a move, you can take it. These workouts are all about making you stronger, no matter where you are in your own personal ﬁtness journey – so work hard, strive to get better and you will get the body that you want!